Here are the some tips for using Flexi:
- Fonts that you have used in a document are listed at the top of the font list for easy access.
When you choose a font from the font list you can press a letter to go to the section of fonts that begins with that letter.
- A preview of the font you choose is shown in the Character tab of DesignCentral as you choose a font. If no text is selected this shows the text "AaBbYyZz". If you have text selected it will show you how your text will look in the selected font.
When contour cutting leave a margin around the media. Most cutters need this additional space to align the contour.
To turn the substrate border off choose File>Document Setup and in DesignCentral click the right arrow to display a menu. Select the Show Border option.
If you Right-Click on an item on screen you get a context menu, which features a list of commands that can be applied to that object. A different menu will appear for each type of object.
- You can use different units of measurement in each field in DesignCentral. Just type "in" after the value to get inches, "cm" for centimeters, "mm" for millimeters, "pt" for points, or "ft" for feet.
- Right click on the ruler to change from Inches to Feet, Decimal Inches, Millimeter, Centimeters, Meters, and Points.
The fastest way to zoom in and out is to press the CTRL key and roll the wheel on you mouse. Roll up to zoom in. Roll without the CTRL key will pan the view up and down. Roll with SHIFT key to pan the view left and right.
- The text tool can create bounded text. Simply click and drag with the text tool to create a bounding rectangle. As you type, text will automatically word wrap within this rectangle.
- The Arc Text tool lets you click and drag to define the circle size and starting point of your text. By clicking on the document you get a predefined circle. When you begin typing, the text will start at the top of the circle.
CTRL-dragging the "x" before a line of Arc Text will snap the line back to its original location.
- CTRL-dragging a kerning QuickHandle on text will track the text by changing word space. Dragging a kerning QuickHandle on text will change word and letter spacing.
You can quickly delete points on a path by selecting them with the Point Selector tool and pressing Delete.
- Join Points tool will automatically connect any two selected points. If you want to merge multiple points at once, select them all and set a tolerance in DesignCentral.
- To drag a starburst or polygon with no rotation, hold down the CTRL key as you drag.
Pressing ESC while creating an object will allow you to enter the parameters for the object. Click to place it.