Upgrading to Flexi 21
This document is designed to help you upgrade your installation as cleanly and efficiently as possible.
Please follow these instructions step by step to ensure a smooth transition to the newest version.
Step 1: Downloading the new software
1. When you first launch Flexi, you will see this window. This window is informing you that an update is available. Click “Show Download Window” to get started.
(Note: If you do not see this window, skip to Step 1B at the bottom of this page.)
2. Once you click this, the Cloud Window on the right side of the software will show you a few instructions. First, write down your activation code. Highlight it and hit Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy it and then Ctrl + V on a text document for easy access later.
3. Click the “Download Now” button. A new window will appear indicating the progress as it downloads the version of your software. Once it completes, it will ask you if you would like to install your software now. Click Yes.
(Note: if you click No and wish to install it later, you will not need to download it again. Check your computer Desktop for a folder with a name that starts with SAI. Open that and click “Autorun.exe” to start the installation process.)
Step 2: Installation
1. The Installation Wizard for Flexi 21 will have launched. Click next, then accept the terms and conditions on the next page.
2. If it asks you if you want to overwrite the previous installation, click No. This will install a separate and clean version of the software. If you want to keep your preferences and settings, there will be an option for that later.
3. It will then ask you where would like to install your new software. The default option will be fine, you won’t need to change anything here. Click Next.
4. If you do not have a USB hardware dongle, click Next (most licenses don’t.)
If you do have a hardware dongle for your license, check the box next to the SafeNet Sentinel System Driver. This will install the driver for your dongle. Only do this if your hardware key was not already set up.
5. Click next.
6. The software will now install. Please wait for it to finish.
Step 3: Licensing and Transfer settingsn
1. Once the installation is finished, the License Manager window will open. Type in or Paste (Ctrl + V) your activation code that you got in Step 1.
You will want to verify you are connected to the internet.
Once you’ve entered in your activation code, the License Manager will attempt to communicate with the SAi server over the internet. If you Activation code is correct, it will say “Licensing Successful. Then click “Finish.”
2. Next, the Install Manager will open. First, ensure your Language is correct.
If you have settings you wish to retrieve from your old version of Flexi (including printer setups, ICC Profiles, presets, styles, templates, etc.) then check “Copy data from another installation,” and then hit “OK.”
If not, just hit “OK” without changing anything on this screen.
Either way, a shortcut will be created on your desktop.
3. If you selected to copy settings in the previous step, you will get this window when it finishes. First select Browse and then point to the root folder of your Flexi installation.
Normally it can be found at:
C:\Program Files(x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite 19
If you have multiple folders of SAi Production Suite 19 and are not sure which one to use (such as 191 or 192) it’s usually safe to pick the last one. If you’re still not sure, find your Flexi shortcut on your Desktop and then right click it and select “Open File Location”. In the address bar, you’ll see which one to use. (Don’t go any deeper than the Production Suite folder.)
Select which settings you wish to bring forward to your new installation and then click Copy. It’s okay to leave them all checked if you are not sure which options to bring over. Note that this can only be done if you are installing on the same computer.
4. Installation complete! You are ready to design, print, and cut.
If you have any questions during your installation, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can reach them here:
Step 1B: Downloading from Saicloud.com
1. If the Update window does not show up when you first open Flexi, you will need to go to saicloud.com. Log in on the right-hand side with your email and password.
2. You should see your license listed once you’ve logged in. On the right-hand side, click Download.
3. Next, note your activation code on the left-hand side. You will need this at the end of the installation to license your software. Then, click Download towards the bottom.
4. A small file called SAi_Software_download.exe will be downloaded. Open it and let it run. Once it finishes, it will ask you if you want to begin the installation now. Click yes to proceed.
Once you finish this process, go to Step 2 on page 2 of this document.