Cutting your first job
The following are some basic steps to make your first cut job
- Open Flexi
- Draw some objects
- Click the Cut/Plot icon.
On the General Tab
- Make sure your cutter is online and vinyl is loaded
- Click the poll size button to retrieve the size of your media
If you do not see a poll size button, it means that your cutter does not support this feature. In this case, select a material size from the list or enter a custom size.
- Change size
You can change the size of your objects to a certain size in inches/mm, scale a certain percentage or fit to media.
- Change Rotation
Flexi will automatically rotate to the setting that saves the most media
- Change Position
Specify exact position in inches/mm or drag the objects on the layout
On the Options Tab
- Select Weed Border, Horizontal Split Lines and Vertical Split lines
These will create additional cut lines that will make it easier to peel off the material.
- Select the color of your objects and click Edit
This displays possible settings of your cutter
- Select a method, such as Cut Slow. This will set other features of your cutter like pressure and speed.
- Click OK to apply the new method
- Make sure that your cutter is ready to take jobs and click the Send button.