Undo, Redo and Repeat
Undoing and Redoing the Last Step
- To undo the last operation, from the Edit menu, select Undo .
- To redo a step that you have just undone, from the Edit menu, select Redo .
Undoing and Redoing Multiple Steps
Instead of undoing just the last operation, you can undo or redo a sequence of steps.
- From the Edit menu, select Undo Multipleor Redo Multiple
A list of all recent steps is displayed. The steps are shown in the order they were performed, the most recent step appearing at the top of the list.
- Starting from the top of the Undo/Redo Multiple Steps box, click to select all the steps that you want to undo, starting from the top.
The design area shows a dynamic preview of the undo or redo process.
- Click OK to confirm and apply the undo.
The selected steps are undone and placed in a Redo Multiple list.
Adjusting the Number of Steps Stored in Undo List
The number of undo and redo operations that is allowed can be adjusted. For example, if you set the number of steps to 50, after performing the 50th step, the 1st step will be discarded and the 51st step will be placed at the top of the list. .
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- In the General tab, enter the number of steps in Maximum undo/redo.
- Click OK.
Repeating the Last Step
To repeat the last step, select Repeat from the Edit menu. The name of the last operation will be displayed after Repeat.
Only the following commands can be repeated: